Hi! It's Laura. I started this blog to send out to our friends and family to keep everyone updated on our trip to Germany later this month! My friend Whitney did one when she went to Europe and I think it'll be a nice way to quickly update everyone - if we can find internet, that is! :)
It's crazy to think that we'll be leaving TWO WEEKS from today! Honestly, I don't think we've even begun planning for our trip yet - besides booking it and getting the info in the mail and through email. Kev's been wrapped up in the end of the school year and finishing up an incredible Track season (finishing it up with a bang tomorrow at state) and I've been busy at work with end of the year school-busses and a huge special event coming up on Saturday.
For those of you who don't know the whole story, Kevin and I are headed to Germany on June 18th with a wonderful friend of the family, Auntie Mae, who took Brian and our dad to Germany a few years ago, and took my mom and me to London and Paris a few years before that. She found the tour company and got us set up and we're excited! If you want to see our itinerary, let us know (I'm skeptical about posting it online :)). Auntie Mae recently sent us some videos about Germany to help us get ready for the trip. Kev's convinced he doesn't need to watch them since he's in German class and keeps telling me I need to practice my German (I have a minor in French!). Maybe after this weekend, Kev, though I don't know that my life's going to slow down at all before we step onto that plane.
The plan is to update this blog during our preparation for the trip and then during the trip itself (I'm hoping we'll find internet access somewhere in Germany - I don't know if I'd survive 12 days without it!). That's my plan anyway... to be honest, Kevin doesn't even know I've started it! :) It's my first experience blogging, so I'm hoping it works out!
Until we start packing...
Laura
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment